Dell and Optoma have each released an ultra-portable projector recently. Dell has the Dell M109S On-the-Go Projector and Optoma has the Pico PK-101. Today I’ll discuss the Dell M109S On-the-Go Projector.
The Dell M109S is an amazingly small projector. As you can see it truly fits in the palm of one’s hand with every dimension between 1-1/2 inch and 4-1/4 inches, and it’s weight is less than one pound (0.80 pounds to be exact).
This just-about-pocket-sized projector could be used to deliver business or ther presentations in small gorup or conference settings. College students could find it useful for course presentations. It could also be useful for travel for connections to portable DVD players, console game stations, or laptops for projecting videos, movies, or games. Update (12/16/08): If you purchase a $50 Apple Composite AV Cable – Apple Store (U.S.) you can attach it to your iPod and project video or slideshows onto a wall.
The M109S uses Texas Instruments DLP (Digital Light Projection) technology. DLP uses millions of tiny mirrors and reflectors that work in concert to create stunning colors and highly-accurate images. This same technology is being used in digital movie theatres and in home entertainment and theater systems.
Connecting the Dell M109S On-the-Go Projector is a breeze since its included multi-input cable lets you connect to notebooks, desktops, DVD players, gaming consoles and other video devices. So there’s no need to search for or carry a multitude of adapters.
For you techies who need to know the specs, here they are:
- Ultra Portable – At 3.64″ x 4.12″ x 1.46″ and a mere 0.80 pounds, you’ll hardly notice it’s in your laptop case.
- 858 x 600 SVGA Native Resolution – Displays up to 480,000 pixels with a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Contrast ratio: 800:1 typical (Full On/Full Off) – Projects clear images and easy-to-read text.
- Long Projection Life – The M109S utilizes mercury-free LED light source of usage life up to 10,000 hours, helping to save money and reduce maintenance to a minimum as no replace of LED module light source is required.
- Password Protection – Keep critical presentations safe and secure.
- Green Machine – With the efficient, mercury-free LED technology, you can help protect the planet and your bottom line.
If you combine this with one of the ultra mobile, ultra portable netbooks like the Dell Inspiron mini 9 or the Asus Eee PC and you’ll have one of the most compact travelling presentations ever. You’ll dazzle your clients more than ever with your great presentation and your amazing projection system.