Ever since I’ve started this blog I have supported one antivirus program above all others, and that antivirus is avast!
This great program has just been improved. They recently came out with Avast! 5.0. this is the biggest improvement they’ve made to the program in the 3 years or so that I’ve been recommending it.
Avast 5.0 includes:
- File System Shield: Ensures your files are clean and safe. It scans your files when they’re opened or when they’re being saved.
- Mail Shield: Monitors alll your email traffic, incoming and outgoing, making sure the messages and attachements you send and recive are clean and safe.
- Web Shield: Montiors your web browsing to ensure you aren’t affected by any compromised or harmful web sites.
- P2P Shield: Peer to peer shield protects your computer if you use file sharing systems, like LimeWire. Like the mail shield, it makes sure incoming and outgoing files are virus-free.
- IM Shield: Now that Instant messaging and chat programs have file sharing capability, you’ll want to be sure the files your share are safe. It monitors all the popular IM programs such as Google Talk, AIM from AOL, Trillian, Skype, Yahoo Messenger, and Windows Messenger among others.
- Network Shield: Monitors your network connections and stops any viruses that could infect your system via the network.. It also blocks access to known “malicious websites”.
- Behavior Shield: Monitors your system for suspicious behavior and alerts you to unusual activity.