I was looking through Walt Mossberg’s Mailbox and read about yet another computerless email service. It’s Mailbug from Landel. The service uses their Mailbug device (shown at right) which costs $125 to purchase (or give as a gift), and there is an additional $9.95 monthly fee.
You can send and received messages with this device, but attachments and photos cannot be viewed with it, though they can be accessed if you have a home computer with web access.
- Sends email automatically. No need to log on, just type a message and walk away.
- Retrieves email without logging on, and alerts you with a red LED.
- It’s an email device, not a PC so it can’t get a virus, can’t be hacked, can’t crash.
- Sends messages to fax machines, so you can send a fax or print without a computer.
- Provides access to news, weather, sports and more.
- Converts PDF attachments to viewable text without graphics.
- Comes with everything ready to plug in and go in five minutes.
- Connects to any standard phone line, and doesn’t interrupt your calls.
- Comes with its own email address, no Internet Service required.
- Free, friendly customer support by phone or email.
- Standard full-size keyboard.
- Email address book holds up to 100 names, addresses, and phone numbers. It even dials for you.
For more information on this service: http://www.mailbug.com/mb1.html
Post Comments or Questions with the link below. Keep up-to-date with Skylarking: By Email or RSS Newsfeed or on Twitter. You can also send questions with my email form. I’m looking forward to hearing from you.