Here are a few items of interest I saw and retweeted on Twitter today. And I’d like to send out a few thank yous, too.
- @YasirKhan mentioned “Are Those Yahoo Layoffs Starting to Roll Out Today?” Which references a TechCrunch.com blog entry by @ErickSchonfeld. This is referring to an earlier reported story on how Yahoo would be laying off about 22% of their workforce after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Pete Cashmore (@mashable) tweeted “Verizon Wireless Set to Launch 4G Network Tomorrow?” Which is indeed a good question as Verizon stated back in October that the 4G network would start launching by the end of 2010 in 38 cities. Decmber 1, Verizon will have a press conference on this, but it isn’t known if they will start the 4G network at that time. The article linked to was written by blogger @Blake Robinson.
- @Alltop_Tech tweets about the TechCrunch article “Winamp Wants To Be The iTunes of Android” also by Erick Schonfeld. Winamp is a popular Windows music management application. The idea is that you will be able to wirelessly synch your desktop’s music collection to your Android phone. The Android app, Winamp for Android, has been downloaded by over 500,000 users.
On a non-tech note…
- I tapped into twitter chat between Steve Keating CSE (@LeadToday) and @JulieKayJKLD where it was said “I think one of the best ways to show we care is to ask someone how we can help and then actually do it.” That’s a fine sentiment if I ever heard one. To which I added, “The best thing you can do for someone is let them help you.”
And for the Thank Yous:
- Thanks to @DenaWhitebirch for adding Skylarking to her “tech-elite” list.
- Thanks to @Soffici in Modena, Italy for adding Skylarking to their “tech” list.
- Skylarking is currently followed on 7 Twitter lists. Thank you everyone!
Are you following Skylarking on Twitter?